Thank YouTop Supporters
- $21.93 Nicole Cox
Hi, my name is Nicole Cox and I established the Newcastle Suzuki Violin Studio in 1997. I've created this page because I want to make a difference. I'm inspired by the work of the John Hunter Children's Hospital (JHCH) and want to support them in their care for sick kids. For the past 9 years my violin studio has been raising money at an annual charity concert,held in December and we've donated over $37,000 to the JHCH Music , Art and Play program, with this it has enabled us to support children in hospital during their stay in many ways
* Buzzy bee’s for all clinical areas of the hospital to support children requiring needle-related procedures (minimises pain)
* Musical instruments including a reverie harp; multiple percussion instruments and updated djembe’s; chimes
* Digital cameras to allow a new media for our art therapist to work with our adolescent population
* Sensory items to support children with sensory needs when in hospital, particularly for children on the autism spectrum
*An update of adolescent games and activities suitable for young people 12-18yo
* Medical play equipment which is highly specialised (and very expensive!) to prepare children and young people for medical procedures. has been used to purchase music equipment (etc etc).
Please help us help them by giving whatever you can using the 'Give Now' button. The more people that know about the John Hunter Children's Hospital, the greater their impact, so please also spread the word by sharing my page with your friends and family. Every little bit counts. Thank you in advance for your generosity, it means a lot!
Our Annual Concert is
Sunday 16th December
The Factory theatre
St Pius X Adamstown